June 10, 2010

Having fun...

Hi, sorry I have not been blogging as much. Everything is going good. Jax is still adjusting well which means he has good days and bad days. He is definitely testing limits which is very normal. We are so happy he has joined our family.

Our time in Guangzhou has been very easy with just shopping and hanging out. No touring. (thank heavens). Our guide has taken us to some great chinese restaurants. All the kids and parents are definitely ready to come home. Our first flight tomorrow morning has already been cancelled and that is actually a good thing b/c our layover in Bejing will go from 6 hours to 4! Whoo hoo. We would love for anyone who wants to come to the airport to feel free to come. We get in at about 9:15pm Friday night. I can't promise you that we will look or smell good, but we will be VERY happy to be back in Alabama.

Thank you everyone so much for all your prayers and all your help while we were away. My dad and Butch and Cynthia took care of our dogs and home and I know that was not an easy task and I really appreciate it. We know so many of you have been praying for our family and we have seen our God faithful once again to answer all those prayers! When I look at Jax and how he is adjusting I am just truly amazed. In my mind and heart I had prepared for the worse and he is (so far) way better than I expected him to be. He comes and gives me hugs and kisses every now and then!! His eating has slowed way down I think he feels pretty confident at this point that we will not let him starve! He loves EVERYTHING mechanical. If it can be taken apart believe me the boy will take it apart...watches, flashlights, handheld, fans and remote control cars are on the list so far! He is very aware of things that are his..meaning not Sophie's. He has no problem letting us know if she is touching his stuff. But he is getting better at taking turns and sharing. I feel so bad that he can't understand us, he sees all of us talking yet no one understands him. I imagine that can get pretty frustrating.

Anyhow, we come home tomorrow, I am going to miss my friend Kim and her family so much, we have had some fun adventures together. See you all soon!!





































4 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Praying for safe travels and no delays! I have SO enjoyed following your journey to Jax. What a precious boy he is. We need to plan a zoo trip one day this summer!

Love you,
Monica

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tina,

I've enjoyed following your adventures in China. Jax is such a cutie and he sure looks like he's doing well adjusting! He smiles alot....that's a good thing. I know there's no place like home, so you'll be glad to be home! I didn't realize you were from Alabama. My brother (and lots of other family) lives in AL. We go pretty often to visit!

Have a safe trip!

Blessings,
Tammy

Michelle O said...

I am so glad to hear everything went so well. Maybe one day I will get to do the same thing for my little girl, who knows! Hope your flights are smooth and I wish I was not working so I could go great you a happy return, but with Bert being off someone has to show up! HAHAHA! JK!

The Ferrill's said...

Praying you are home safe and sound and winning the war against jet lag!
May the Lord rain down mercy as you transition back home!
Hugs,
Laine