July 9, 2011

July, so far...





We came home today from an awesome Alabama Revival Conference.  Definitely life changing services for me! Made me reevaluate some things in my life I had let slip and just overall was awesome!!
 My crew was all snazzed up but unfortunately over the course of 4 days these are all the photos I took.  (above)   That is, until I got home and Micah found a big copperhead under our jon boat...then I took these pics.(below) I debated doing a live capture and relocating it. (HA those who know me, know that is a joke).  Bert was working so I had the kids call Grandpa ASAP and he came over and blew it's head off. No, really it's head was GONE! Thank you dad!  Even though we live in the boonies we really don't get a lot of snakes, but this one scared the bejeebers out of me! I read you should plant Marigolds wherever you don't want snakes, well it is 2.5 miles from my house to interstate and I am wondering how many Marigolds I need!!




6 comments:

Michelle O said...

At least you took pictures between my husband and I we had 4 cameras and we did not get pictures "AT" ARC but we did go to the Botanical Gardens so I will be posting those soon.

Bert told us after he talked to you about the snake. I have to admit, I would have probably tried to catch it then end up getting bitten, Haha.

BTW, Jacob informed me Sophie has a BETTER iPod than him and he is "10!" ROTFL!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh my....I'm with you, Tina....plant those marigolds. And I like your dad's style! :)

And you have a good lookin' crew!

Tammy

Janet said...

Jax looks so much older in those 1st pics. I feel like it's been forever since we have seen you.
I'm glad your dad (and his gun) were handy! We had a rattlesnake under the deck steps 2 years ago, 1 other snake last year--none so far this year. I hope they are too hot and all stay in the lake=)

~Kimberly~ said...

Oh wow!! that must have been scarey--yikes! Thank goodness for Dads.
It was great to see you at ARC and your family. We shoulda took some pics...next time.
Oh, I need to ask you something...I'll call you this week.
Much love to you~Kimi

Brooke said...

That is a H-U-G-E snake!!! Good thing no one was hurt! =]
Lovin the blog!
Brooke

Ashley said...

I am TERRIFIED of snakes!!! The five years I lived in Centreville, I came across 2. One was a water moccasin that was about 5 ft long and then we had a rat snake come out of our barn measuring a whopping 6 ft. Ewww!!! I'm so glad Butch knows how to use a gun!

If marigolds work - I'm definitely up for using that method. We used to put moth balls around our house. That may be why we didn't have many snakes show up.

Love the blog! I'm starting mine back up...its been a while. Love ya!