August 2, 2010

Happy Birthday EG!!




Well today(that would have been Monday, see how long I have been trying to post!)is a very special day for a very special girl. My sweet EG is 11. I so cannot believe it! As each year passes it's both rewarding and heartbreaking to see your children grow up. Rewarding in the fact that she is realizing who she is and what she wants out of life. Rewarding in that she loves the Lord and has her own relationship with him. Rewarding in the fact that she will at least try to fix her own hair now, and sometimes I can even convince her to wear lip gloss.."gasp" :)
Heartbreaking to see this little girl who my heart ached for before there were any baby girls in my life, grow up and realize she doesn't need mommy all that often anymore. EG you are such a precious gift from God, you have the best laugh ever, a AWESOME sense of humor and we love you so much!!

5 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Happy birthday to EG! I didn't realize she and Joy were that close in age! Joy was 11 in February!

Tammy

Carla said...

awww, Happy Birthday EG!

Melody said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Elizabeth Grace! And I agree with the best laugh ever....it always makes me laugh just hearing her! =)

Michelle O said...

Okay, you cannot see but I am wiping my eyes! How special, I hope she had a GREAT day.

Mary said...

It is so unreal that she is so grown up, but she is still sooooo funny and you are right no body has such a great laugh like EG, it makes you laugh just to hear her