May 31, 2011

Jax's One Year Gotcha

The first thing Jax said this morning was..."it's my one year.... but I still remember "ertofia" (chinese word for First Childrens Welfare Institute..i.e.orphanage).   Jaxin has grown leaps and bounds this year. We looked back at old pictures and videos today. He is sad now that he has forgotten most of his Chinese. I truly feel we did everything we could to help him keep it.  He can still read some but can speak very little.  His english is great and his comprehension of things is hilarious! He asked me last night did daddy use to be in my belly!!  He still likes to mimic people, and sometimes that comes across as very rude. He also has VERY selective hearing when it comes to people outside our immediate family. He is very aware now that there is a  God. He will ask me an outrageous question and if I tell him that no one could do what he asks he always lets me know that God can....God can do anything!
























 He started his Gotcha day with pancakes at grandma and grandpas. Then he got to pick beans and squash from the garden, he was so excited because he helped plant the garden. He had his first trip to Chuck E Cheese today and he LOVED it!!  Then we went and picked out a toy at Target. I hope he knows how special he is to us and we love him so much!

2 comments:

Shower of blessings! said...

Happy 1st Gotcha anniversary! Blessings! Diana

Brooke said...

Wow! I can't believe that it has already been a YEAR!!! Time has flown! I'm so glad that Jax has an amazing "Forever Family" like you guys! =]
Love Ya
Brooke